eG Innovations today announced that its flagship performance monitoring solution eG Enterprise has been verified by Citrix as Citrix Ready® for XenDesktop® 7. eG Enterprise makes it easy for enterprises and service providers to deliver superior end-user experience, simplify management and reduce total cost of ownership of Citrix XenDesktop 7 virtual desktop environments.
Bala Vaidhinathan, CTO, eG Innovations said, “Citrix XenDesktop 7 is a new, award winning, unified solution for virtual desktop delivery and apps on demand. For desktop transformation success, customers need to augment the best virtual desktop platform with management solutions and processes that will enable them to deliver on the promise of desktop virtualization. eG Enterprise for Citrix XenDesktop 7 provides a total management solution that addresses the performance monitoring, diagnosis and reporting needs of enterprises deploying virtual desktops and applications.”
Key eG Enterprise capabilities for Citrix XenDesktop 7 include:
- Complete, 360-degree performance visibility into the Citrix stack, enabling Citrix administrators to monitor the different Citrix tiers from a single pane of glass. This includes in-depth performance monitoring for XenDesktop, Citrix Netscaler®, Citrix XenServer® and Citrix CloudBridge®.
- Deep diagnosis and drill down views inside the virtual desktops allow Citrix administrators to identify the exact cause of a performance slowdown and to initiate remedial action.
- Easy to analyze Citrix XenDesktop service topology views allow helpdesk staff to quickly identify which tier of the infrastructure could be affecting the user experience (e.g., network? database? application? virtualization platform? storage?).
- Automated, virtualization-aware problem diagnosis allows desktop service managers to accelerate the discovery, diagnosis and resolution of bottlenecks that impact user experience.
- Powerful historical and trend reporting and forecasting enable Citrix architects to identify how to right-size and optimize the Citrix infrastructure to get more out of their investments in XenDesktop 7 technology and ensure maximum ROI.
“eG Enterprise has achieved Citrix Ready for XenDesktop 7, confirming that eG Innovations’ product is compatible and trusted to work with Citrix technologies,” said Greg Fox, Director of Citrix Ready, Citrix. “eG Innovations provides Citrix users with the power they need to better understand, measure and monitor their environment, thereby enhancing end-user productivity and maximizing the ROI of their Citrix infrastructure and providing customers with the added confidence in the compatibility of their product.”
“eG Innovations certification on XenDesktop 7 will dramatically enhance the value of the virtualization and cloud solutions we deliver. We consider eG Innovations solutions a critical component to our XenDesktop 7 deployments. eG Innovations certification on XenDesktop 7 enables our clients to achieve visibility across their entire IT environment (not just Citrix), achieve faster desktop transformations, and attain a superior user experience,” said Paul Kunze, Vice President, Sales & Marketing, IntraSystems, Inc., a leading Citrix Platinum Solution Advisor based in Boston, MA.
“eG Enterprise continues to support prior versions of Citrix XenApp® and XenDesktop, so customers can use eG Enterprise as a common monitoring, reporting and diagnosis platform for both their next generation and their current Citrix infrastructures,” said Vaidhinathan. Licensed per XenDesktop instance, or based on the number of users, eG Enterprise scales equally well for large as well as small Citrix enterprise customers. Citrix service providers too can benefit from eG Enterprise’s multi-tenant capabilities to offer performance monitoring, diagnosis and reporting as a pay-per-use service to their clients.
For more information visit: http://www.eginnovations.com/web/xendesktop7-performance-monitoring.htm